The firm was founded by Mr. Willi Elbe in Tamm, Germany back in May 1951. Production of cardan shafts and steering cross-sets, primarily for supplying replacement parts for vehicles used
by the American and French occupying forces in Württemberg and Baden. Today, highly awarded as premium supplier of Systems for complete steering columns, steering components and
drive components. All modular designed, for passenger cars and commercial vehicles besides leadership in motorcycles.
Willi Elbe´s principal customers are: BMW, MercedesBenz, Volkswagen, Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Porsche.
Products and services• Steering-, drive-, and cold forming technology • Manual and electrical steering columns
• Steering shafts • Steering shafts for safety steering columns (aluminum and steel)
• Steering couplings • Cardan shafts for passenger cars and motorcycles
• Cardan shafts and u-joints for the most varied applications in mechanical engineering
Certifications• ISO 14001 • ISO 9001 • ISO/TS 16949 • ISO 50001
Capabilitites• Optimization of materials and alloys
• Development of cold forming methods
• Integration of product and process development
• Use of networked 3D-CAD and PDM workstations
• Use of Simulation Tools
• Testing of operational strength and crash behavior